Does your camping style lean more toward glamping than roughing it? Do you not have an RV, but need a place to stay? Then the spacious and well-appointed Deer Run Cottage may be just the spot for you. Nestled in the woods, off the beaten path near our three-acre lake, our Elkader cottage sleeps up to 6 people comfortably, and is ideal for couples looking for a private romantic getaway, for family events, or for time spent away with friends.
2 Night Minimum
Rentals are for 2-night min, $199/night + tax. Stay with us for a few days, a week, or longer, and enjoy the comforts of Deer Run Resort Cottage.
When it’s time for meals you can enjoy the dining options in Elkader or enjoy cooking a meal in the fully equipped kitchen.
The Cottage has both central air conditioning and heating so you’ll be comfortable in any season. Enjoy the amenities in the living space, including a gas fireplace with a stunning floor-to-ceiling stone hearth and plenty of seating. Pets are not allowed. Linens and TVs are provided.
The private bedroom downstairs has one queen bed, and upstairs guests will enjoy a semi-open loft bedroom with two queen beds. The cottage is equipped with one bathroom, but larger groups can also enjoy the nearby clean, spacious bathhouse with plenty of showers and toilet facilities.
Available Year Round
The Cottage is available all year, and during our Deer Run off season, when the campground is quiet, it makes for a secluded and peaceful destination. During the season, our cabin and vacation rentals in Elkader are a great place to gather friends and family for either some quiet downtime or to enjoy the outdoor activities in and around the Resort.
Our cottages and lodges can be booked as an event venue for your next family event. They are available to rent for small gatherings/events such as baby or bridal showers, graduations, birthdays, reunions, meetings, etc (holds up 50 people) $50, must be after office hours. Available year round. We have tables, chairs and a small kitchenette.
Amenities – Our Cottage Stays Include:
Plenty of room for the whole family, plus a bit extra!
Cook anything your heart desires while here at the cottage.
Central Air & Heating
Stay nice and cool, stay nice and warm, either way stay comfy.
Gas Fire Place & hearth
There’s nothing like a roraing fire in the dead of winter.
Prefect for Gatherings
Family reunions, graduations, parties, you name it!
All of our campground amenities are just a short walk away.
Perfect for kids and the entire family.
Serene, peacful, and oh so beautiful.
To ensure everyone’s health, safety, and comfort we have to abide by the following rules and regulations. We welcome your comments and hope you enjoy your stay with us.
- Sleeping accommodations for six people; maximum cottage occupancy is up to eight people
- $10.00 per person per day if more than six people
- Check in time is 5:00 pm
- Check out time is 12:00 Noon
- Quiet hours are 10:00 pm – 8:00 am
- Speed limit throughout the resort is 10 mph
- NO PETS or SMOKING allowed in the cottage
- No swimming in the lake; fishing only permitted on specified weekends (see home page for dates and times when allowed or call for more information )
- Trash should be bagged and placed in the dumpster
- Parking for two vehicles with extra parking at lodge
- No parking on the grass, sidewalk or street
- Cottage inventory sheet is located inside the cupboard door
- Any missing items, damage, or misuse of the cottage will be charged on your credit card
- Cancellation Policy: Your deposit will be cottage credit if cancellation occurs one month prior to your arrival date. Cash, Check, Visa, or MasterCard are accepted. A one night deposit is required at the time reservations are made.
Management is not responsible for property loss due to theft, fire, flood, or accident.
We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Local Attractions & Activities
Food, Drinks, & More
Dining & Shopping
Things to Do
Why Choose Deer Run Resort?
We are proud to have premiere cabin and vacation rentals in Elkader! Here at Deer Run Resort we are constantly looking for ways to improve our amenities and accommodations white striving to provide our guests with the highest levels of quality and service possible. So, when shall we book your next visit?