RV Space Rentals
Avid RV campers know that Deer Run Resort is the best RV camping spot in Iowa, and that keeps them coming back year after year. Our guests love the community atmosphere, and book their spaces early to be sure their favorite location is secured. Campers rate us as one of the top campsites they’ve visited, and give us high marks for our clean, well-maintained facilities and easy-access RV pads.
We are currently booked for our 56 seasonal spots, but do have 25 short-term (up to 2 months) and overnight spaces available.
For a Few Nights
Whether you’re spending a few nights here, or we’re your destination, your time with us will be easy, comfy and offer the amenities that you need.
Or For the Season
Most of our seasonal campers have been with us for five years or more, and many of our guests have been joining us regularly for many years!
Hookups include easy access to water, sewage/waste lines, and 30 -50 Amp electrical access. Each space includes a concrete patio, picnic table and fire ring on each site, with easy access to affordable firewood for night time campfires. Most of our campers treat their campsite like their vacation home away from home, setting up flowers and décor to personalize and make the most of the space. Some even choose to keep their seasonal spaces all year, using it as a safe space to overwinter their valuable RVs while the campground is closed to campers for the winter.
Campsites & Hookups
We offer 81 large, easy-to-access and well maintained concrete pad parking spots, so you’ll have no trouble settling in for your stay. Our blacktop streets and spacious site pads allow even the largest RV rigs to access our campsites without issues.
Amenities – All RV Spaces Include:
30 - 50 Amp electrical
Standard hookups that fit most RVs are present at all sites.
Easy Access to Water
Water is easy to hookup and also abundant in the area.
Dump your waste and sewage without worry.
Each pad features a well maintained patio.
Each site also features a picnic table for meals, games, and more.
It’s not camping without a fire! Each pad has an onsite firepit.
We sell firewood onsite to better help our patrons enjoy their stay.
Easy Street Access
It’s extrmely easy to access the roads in and around the resort.
Campsite Policies & Map
To ensure everyone’s health, safety, and comfort we have to abide by the following policies:
• Slow down! Safe driving is a must. 10 mph throughout the park.
• Quiet hours are 10:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
• No wood may be brought into the campground. Firewood is available.
• No parking on grass, sidewalk or street – Extra parking area by the Lodge.
• Pets must be on a leash at all times. Do not leave pets unattended.
• You must pickup pet droppings, bag it and put bag into the trash dumpster.
• Pets are not allowed in the lodge, shower house or cottage.
• No swimming or fishing in the lake. (Two designated days for fishing.)
• R.V.’s Check out time is 12 noon. Check in time is 1:00 p.m.
• Early arrivals or late departures are subject to additional fees.
• No smoking or alcohol in the lodge or shower house.
• No kid electric scooters or golf carts allowed in the campground. Handicap scooters welcomed.
• Sewer elbow must be used
• No tents.
• Wading pools only.
• Only trash should be bagged and placed in dumpster.
• Please recycle cans by the dumpster.
• No fireworks of any kind allowed in the park.
• No washing of R.V.’s or personal vehicles.
• All vehicles and persons register at office.
• Camper must be placed upon each site as directed by management.
• All vehicles driven in park must be driven by licensed drivers.
• Children should be back to campsite by dark unless with an adult.
We require a one night deposit for reservation. You will receive campground credit if cancellation is made 7 days prior to arrival date, good for one year. For holiday reservation there is a 3 night minimum with no refunds. We will make every effort to reserve the site you request, but we cannot guarantee specific sites. Management is not responsible for property loss due to fire, flood, theft, or accident. We thank you for choosing DEER RUN RESORT for your home away from home.
What Keeps Campers Coming Back?
There is tons to do in and around Deer Run Resort, so you’ll never need to look too hard for some fun activities to keep you and your loved ones happy and occupied. Check out the links below for some ideas! To determine availability for your next vacation, please contact us by phone at 1-(563) 245-DEER (3337) and let’s book your home-away-from-home at Deer Run Resort.
Food, Drinks, & More
Dining & Shopping
Get your ‘smores supplies, grab a few sundries, stock up on picnic goodies and a few brews, or just have a meal in town on days when you want to completely relax. Elkader’s got something for everyone!
Things to Do
There is no limit to the things to do, from enjoying our five-acre lake to local activities. Stay at the campsite and fully relax, or enjoy the options that Elkader and the surrounding areas have to offer.
Why Choose Deer Run Resort?
Our handicapped-accessible shower house facility is large, well-lit, and clean with plenty of restrooms, showers, and laundry facilities. It also serves as a storm shelter when needed, and our lighted blacktop streets will keep your family safe during all hours.